How to connect Google Ads
Advertising is crucial for any business, and one of the biggest platforms is Google Ads (formerly known as Google Adwords).
In amoCRM, the Google Ads trigger allows you to show ads to leads while they are moving through your sales pipeline. This is perfect for staying top-of-mind in order to keep the potential customer on the hook and interested.
Even better — the Google Ads trigger in amoCRM allows you to personalize your leads’ advertising experience by serving them different ads based on the pipeline stage that they’re in!
How the Google Ads trigger works
Once you select the stages where you’d like to show Google Ads, leads that move to those stages will automatically be added to your Google Ads audience. Then after the lead moves out of the stage, they will also be removed from the audience.
Example use case
For example, let’s say that you want to target new leads who are still shopping around, and convince them to choose you instead of competitors. In Google Ads, you could set up a campaign that shows your ads when a competitor’s name is searched in Google. Then you could add the Google Ads trigger to the New Leads stage of your pipeline, which would automatically add all new leads to your competitor campaign.
How to set up the Google Ads trigger
To set up the trigger, you will need a Google Ads account that has permission to use Customer Match. Customer Match will be available to your account if you have:
- A good history of policy compliance
- A good payment history
- At least 90 days of history in Google Ads
- More than $50,000 USD total lifetime spend. For advertisers whose accounts are managed in currencies other than USD, your spend amount will be converted to USD using the average monthly conversion rate for that currency
Once you confirm that you have access to Customer Match, create the trigger:
- Go to the Leads section in the left menu
- Click “Setup”
- Find the stage you want to add the trigger and click on an empty slot
- Select Google Ads
Note: If you’re not already logged in Google via amoCRM, you will be prompted to log in and provide access in order to continue.
- A window will appear:
Within this window, choose:
- The conditions for adding leads to the audience (e.g., leads with a VIP tag)
- When to execute the trigger
- Your advertising account
- Your Google Ads audience
- OPTIONAL: tick the box “Apply the trigger to all leads already in the stage” in order to run the trigger for leads that are already in the pipeline stage
And with these simple steps, you’ll have your Google Ads trigger running!
Not a user yet? Visit our tour page or contact us for a demo.