How to connect Zapier
Zapier is a platform for building connections with more than 1000 web services. Imagine a bridge between amoCRM and an external app – that’s Zapier. Moreover, Zapier can broaden the possibilities of amoCRM itself.
It takes some time to understand its workflow but once you start – it becomes a lifesaver. Zapier offers a 14-day free trial, and also has a free plan which includes 5 free zaps with two-step integration. Learn more about Zapier plans.
There are over 60 Zaps premade by our team for you to enjoy. This guide will also help you easily create custom automations via Zapier to fit your needs.
The possibilities are nearly unlimited:
- Auto-updating Leads, Contacts or Companies in amoCRM with Excel or Google Sheets
- Syncing amoCRM with different types of Calendars
- Receiving SMS from clients as notes in amoCRM
- Connecting amoCRM with other online systems to transfer data back and forth
How to start using amoCRM with Zapier?
First, you need to integrate Zapier with amoCRM. Don’t worry, it’s simple! Here’s how to do it:
- Create an account on Zapier.
After your account is good to go click on My Apps
Type amoCRM in the search bar and a modal window will open
Choose an account you want to connect and click Allow
After the authorization you can proceed to Your Zaps to create a new connection
Note: If you change password in your amoCRM account you’ll need to go through these steps again, otherwise integration won’t work.
What is Zap?
So what’s a Zap? It’s a workspace for you to build the connections you need. As an example, we will be building a Zap that transfers the leads in amoCRM to Google Sheets.
All the zaps you’ve created are displayed in your Zapier dashboard. To create a new one, press ‘Make a Zap!’ in the left-hand menu:
Every Zap consists of steps. The first step is a condition (Trigger), and other steps are the outcome (Action). Each step is separated into sections. There are also other steps you can add after the trigger step. Here is the full list of them:
- Action/Search – execute an action or search for information in another app.
- Path – builds different steps for different rules.
- Filter – only allows a zap to proceed when a certain condition is met.
- Delay – pauses actions for a certain amount of time before continuing.
- Formatter – changes how incoming data is formatted for later steps.
Setting up a trigger in Zapier?
Let’s take a look at the trigger step structure. Generally, it includes the following steps:
A trigger app (amoCRM in our case):
The trigger – a condition that determines when the action needs to be executed (in this example, “New Lead” in amoCRM). You can click ‘Show less common options’ to see all the possible triggers:
Account Selection(an amoCRM account in our example).
Testing the step – Zapier pulls sample data from your account so that you can test the automation
Setting up the action in Zapier
With the help of the step, we will create a new line in Google Sheets from amoCRM. This is what an action step consists of:
An action app (in our example, Google Sheets):
The action itself – in our case it’s creating a new spreadsheet row
Account selection (a Google account):
A template – all the necessary data that an app needs to take from another app. In this example, we will transfer all the information on the new lead created in amoCRM to Google Sheets. First, we will need to choose a Spreadsheet and the Worksheet.
After the correct file is chosen, we will need to match the fields from amoCRM with the columns in Google Sheets. To choose the data from the previous step, click on the ‘+’ sign to the right of the needed field. The system will automatically prompt you to choose the information from the steps you already have – all you need to do is to choose the required data.
Testing the step – in our example, Zapier will send a test to your Google Sheets account, and you would then check your sheet for the result.
If the test was sent successfully – you’re all set!
Linking Contacts and Companies to Leads
If you are creating not only a Lead in amoCRM but also a Contact or Company attached to it via Zapier, you will need to create the additional steps for data to line up correctly:
First, make a step “Create a Lead”. In the template specify all the information that needs to go to the Lead card
- Create a Contact/Company – fields in the Contact card are very important – they include the person’s name, phone number, e-mail, and other necessary information.
Create a Link Between Lead and Contact/Company. For this, you would need to create a step with the ‘Create Link’ action.
In the template of the Create link step, select the following data:
- “Which Data Do You Want to Link?” – choose Leads
- “The Data ID You Want to Link?” – choose the ID from the step “ Create a Lead”. To do so, click on the ‘+ ’sign to the right of the field – click on the step’s name and select the ID.
- “The Data ID You Want to Link To” – choose the ID from the“ Create a Contact” step
You can add two more steps if you need to link a Company and a Contact to the same Lead:
- Create a Lead
- Create a Contact
- Create a Company
- Create a Link (between Lead and Contact)
- Create a Link (between Lead and Company)
Tips on building integration in Zapier
We have prepared a list of important tips that will help you build any kind of integration through Zapier.
- Make sure to turn on your Zap after you have created it. Please note that every time you make a change in the Zap – it will turn off.
- Make sure to fill in all the required template fields. For example, Unique Status Identifier, this field determines in what pipeline the Lead will land. Without it, the system will get confused and you will get an error.
- If some information is not transferred to where it should be – check the Template section again, make sure that all the data is filled in.
- Please note that Zapier updates data once in 15 minutes.