WhatsApp Integration Troubleshooting
WhatsApp Troubleshooting for all mobile devices
Lite mode will work according to the following conditions:
- Your smartphone needs to be connected to the internet. WhatsApp requires your phone to be accessible to its servers from the internet. If the WhatsApp server doesn’t recognize your phone in the network, then communication on WhatsApp won’t be possible.
- Your phone needs to be charged. (It’s better to keep it on charge at all times).
- WhatsApp app should always be open on your phone screen.
- You shouldn’t use the app on other devices. WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to use the app in other third party apps at the same time. These include, WhatsApp web version, application on a computer or any other software that asks you to scan your QR code.
- Your phone must be unlocked.
How to keep your iPhone screen on?
You can change the Auto-Lock setting that turns your screen off with a few clicks:
- Open Settings
- Tap “Display & Brightness”
- Tap “Auto-Lock”
- Choose “Never”
How to keep your Android screen on?
If you have an Android, then you need to download a special application, for example, Any Screen Timeout. If you don’t do that, then certain devices will be sent into sleep mode, becoming invisible to WhatsApp.
Here’s how to install the app:
- Follow the link
- Download the app and open it
- Adjust time of the screen timeout on INF as shown in the screenshot:
- Click the INF button on the right and open WhatsApp
- From now on, WhatsApp will always be open on your phone screen. Make sure your phone is charging and has access to the internet.
WhatsApp Troubleshooting for Android
In case you can’t keep your phone screen open all the time, we suggest to follow these steps:
You need to check that your phone is connected to the internet. You can do this by opening any browser on your phone and going on a website. If this doesn’t work, please read the following: connection troubleshooting steps.
If you have internet connection and your browser works perfectly, but you’re still experiencing issues with WhatsApp, you need to contact your mobile provider and system admin. Also, you need to make sure that your APN and router are configured to enable non-web and socket connections. Another thing you can do is change your connection. For example, if you are connected to mobile data, try connecting to Wi-Fi or vice versa instead.
Your background data should not be restricted
- Open your phone’s Settings app > Apps > WhatsApp > Data usage.
- Check that your background data is not restricted.
- Repeat the above steps for Google Services.
- Turn off and turn on or restart your phone.
- On your phone, reset app preferences. You can do that in your phone’s Settings app > Apps > Menu icon > Reset app preferences.
- Prevent power saving mode from activating, for example by leaving your phone plugged into a power source.
- To check that you’re logged out from WhatsApp Web, go to WhatsApp > More options > WhatsApp Web > Logout from all computers.
- To make sure that your Wi-Fi is on during sleep mode, go to your phone’s Settings app > Wi-Fi > Settings icon > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Always.
- Please uninstall any task killers, otherwise they will interfere with WhatsApp from receiving messages when you are not using it.
- Finally, launch the Hangouts app and log out of all of your accounts. Then re-launch Hangouts and sign back on.
OS specific additional troubleshooting
- Android 4.1 – 4.4
Please make sure that Auto-sync data is turned on. To check this, go to Settings app > Data usage > Menu icon > auto-sync data.
Wi-Fi optimization needs to be turned off. Go to Settings app > Wi-Fi > Menu icon > Advanced > Wi-Fi optimization.
- Android 6.0+
Make sure that Do not disturb is turned off. Go to Settings app > Sound > Do not disturb.
Check that all WhatsApp’s permissions are granted. Go to Settings app > Apps > WhatsApp > Permissions.
If you’ve done everything mentioned above and still facing issues, it might be that you’re not receiving updates from Google’s push notification service. Also, the aforementioned steps do not guarantee that the integration will work perfectly.