Tasks is one of the most important features in amoCRM and an important part of any workflow. Here at amoCRM, we have created a simple to use tasks system so you can effectively track your leads.
The main interface of the tasks system can be found in the “Calendar” of amoCRM: you can access it by clicking Calendar on the menu (left-hand side below your profile picture).
- At the top left, you can choose how to view tasks – list view or card view. This is the same functionality as the one you can find in one of your pipelines
- Day – Week – Month is another option for viewing tasks, and is specific to the calendar section.
- Search and Filter – Almost the same functionality that we have in all of amoCRM, but specific for tasks.
- More – Here you have two more functions which are Export and Manage To-do (Tasks) Types, “Manage To-do Types” (if you want custom types of tasks).
- Sync – With this button, you can synchronize your amoCRM calendar with Google Calendar.
- New To-Do – Main button of the interface which can create new Tasks easily, however, it’s not the only way to create a task.
Views of the Calendar
Tasks board – The view of the interface that is chosen by default and is the easiest to use
In this view, you can see overdue tasks, as well as tasks that should be done today, tomorrow, this week and next week. However, you won’t be able to view tasks that are set for the week after next week or later. The idea is to simplify the process of working with tasks due soon and to provide your team with an efficient way to manage upcoming tasks.
To-do list – Another view of the Tasks interface system. Here you will see all of the tasks that you and your colleagues have. One task per line, simple as that!
Day – A daily view of the interface that will show you all the tasks set for a particular day, with time borders
In this example, you can see all of the tasks that you will have today and at what time. Overdue items will be shown in red to grab your attention. If you want to check Daily tasks for the next day, just click the “>” button at the top near the currently active date, or to see the previous day, click on the “” buttons and the “Today” button in the lower right will bring you to the current week.
Last but not least: Month – If you want to process even more information, all the rules from the Day and Week views are the same in the monthly view, but of course on a larger scale.
Let’s pretend that your job is to push everyone with overdue tasks and to congratulate anyone who successfully closes their tasks on time. Using the search feature, this job will be easy to complete.
In this view you will have standard filters:
- My Tasks – Will show only tasks which you’re responsible for
- Overdue – Will show only tasks which you’re responsible for and they have expired
- Completed tasks – Will show only Completed tasks that you were responsible for
- All tasks – Self-explanatory: This will show all tasks
On the right side, you can find different options for custom searches. These options can be used to create custom filters based on your needs or requirements.
Let’s create a custom filter that will push our sales team to review expired tasks. To do so, choose Responsible users and only expired tasks, then click “Save”.
Choose a name for this filter, click the green checkbox, and you’ll be good to go
Now you have a custom filter to quickly review all expired tasks. Great!
Did we mention that you use custom filters anywhere in your system? Well, you can!
To create/change/delete task types just click on three dots “…” at the top right section of the screen and select “Manage To-Do Types”
You will see a modal window with all of your task types
With the trash-can icon, you can delete a task type, and by clicking on the name or the icon you can edit a task type. If you click on the Field “Custom to-do type”, you can type in a name to create a new task type. By the way, if you click on the icon of the task type you can change the appearance associated with the task type.
Once you click “Save” you’ll be able to use these tasks types anytime you create a task.
Synchronization with Google Calendar
Click “Sync” to get this synchronization process rolling, and you’ll see a modal window open
Click Enable here and you’ll be redirected to Google login for your Google account. After everything is done you’ll be redirected back, and your tasks will now sync between amoCRM and Google. Once you decide in Google or in amoCRM that a task is closed or should be deleted, the data will be changed in both Google and amoCRM, all processed in real-time.
How to create a task
As you may have seen, there is a “New To-Do” button in the calendar, which is one of many ways you can create a task. Let’s discuss the different methods for creating a new task
In the Calendar interface after you click on “New To-Do”, a modal window will open with all of the necessary options in one compact view
In the top field, you can find an entity (Contact, Lead, Customer or Company). Just type their name and choose the entity that you want from the drop-down window
If you click on time (by default it’s set for today), you will see a small version of the calendar open where you can choose the desired due date and time for this new task
With time ”anchors” on the left, calendar in the center, and timesheet on the right, just choose the time and various options you want to edit which will be auto-updated.
Click on the name (In blue font) and you can choose the responsible user for the task.
If you click on the icon or the name of the task type, a small version of “Manage To-Do Types” will open. Here you can even create new types of tasks.
You can also add text for the task to explain what the responsible user should do or maybe leave a note with special requirements for this task.
After that just click “Set” and the task will be ready.
You also have the ability to create tasks in Companies, Customers, Leads and Contacts. They have almost the same logic as the main calendar functions: just open any entity where you want to set a task and click on “No tasks planned, start with adding one or on Task in a context window of the chat field. You will see the same form as in the main functionality of the calendar, and all of the options will be available here in the same format.
You can massively add tasks by selecting multiple entities and clicking on “add to-do”
You will see a modal window opens with all of the settings for adding a task.
🏆 Related use cases
- CRM for Vendor Management – How Wedding.net shortened their sales cycle by 30% with amoCRM
- CRM for Event Planners – How B_Entertained DJs and More increased response speed by 50%
- CRM for Nonprofits – How Balanced used amoCRM to grow advocacy program by 70%
- CRM for Agencies – How DO OK used amoCRM to decrease weekly sales team meetings by 50%
- CRM for Manufacturers – How Many Winters Barn Doors keeps track of leads with amoCRM
Not a user yet? Visit our tour page or contact us for a demo.