Getting started with widgets
A widget is an archive containing a set of files that will be connected to amoCRM to all accounts that have enabled the widget. The widget allows you to get additional functionality if necessary:
- Display additional data in the amoCRM interfaces. For widgets, special areas are provided where you can display information. For example, display the statistics of hits on the contact from the internal system;
- Interact with the user, with the data entered by him. You can connect JS-scripts practically in any interface of the system. For example, you can show a breaking card when you receive a call;
- In order for the administrator of the amoCRM account to enter the individual settings for your service. For example, the authorization key in your API.
In all other cases, you can simply use the open API amoCRM.
The widget can’t visually change the modal window of connection and the settings of the widget in Settings - Integration. When loading the widget, you can change the html markup of the right side of the widget's modal window except for changing the width of the window. Changes of the left side of the widget are not possible. An example of a modal window.
The left side of the modal window is responsible for turning the widget on and off, the button on the right side of the modal window is responsible for saving the widget settings only.
Rating and feedback from widgets
You can rate and leave feedback from the account administrators on the integration settings page, if the widget is enabled.
You can only rate or add feedback to it.
Public widgets are not allowed to hide / modify this data.
Creating a widget
First, we will try to create a fully working widget example by steps and upload it to your account.
- Account registration
- Generating a widget key
- Loading the widget archive with a PHP library and widget example
- Preparing the structure
- Working with manifest.json
- Preparing localization files
- Development of JS-script
- Packing and downloading the archive
1. Account registration
You need to register an account. If you already have an account, be careful when testing the widget, do not damage the data as a result of debugging. It is better to create a separate account for beta testing of your widget.
When you download a widget, it will be available only within your account, until it is pre-moderated by our employees.
For my first widget, I will register an account with the following parameters:
2. Generating a widget key
Inside the account go to the page /settings/dev/. This is the developer's page and for me the link will look like this: https://demoaccount.amocrm.com/settings/dev/. On it you can generate your first key, here will also be loading widgets, you can view already loaded widgets.
Enter the widget code (only lowercase letters!). The widget code will not be visible to end users, only in the code, as an identifier. In response, you will receive a unique key for your widget, which will be used further.
It should look something like this:
3. Load the sample widget
You can always download the latest version from the developer page. Or you can click on the link below.